- four tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped contemporary thyme or rosemary leaves (I skipped as a result of mine are below snow)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- half of teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 2 kilos yukon gold potatoes, peeled, reduce into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup hen or vegetable inventory or low-sodium broth
- three to four garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
Warmth oven to 500 levels F.
[This is really, crazy hot. If you’re really nervous, I suppose that 450 degrees or 475 will also work, but I made it both times at 500 without problems.]
Place melted butter within the backside of a giant bowl. Stir in herbs, if utilizing, salt, and pepper. Add potato slices and blend to evenly coat them. Unfold potato slices and all the great things on the backside of the bowl in a 9×13 (quarter-sheet) metallic (a glass baking dish shouldn’t be used at this excessive of a temperature) baking pan.
Roast potatoes for 15 minutes. Use a skinny spatula (you all know by now how a lot I really like a versatile fish spatula, particularly right here) to loosen potatoes and switch them over. Roast for a second 15 minutes, then rigorously pour inventory or broth into pan and add the garlic cloves. Roast for 15 minutes extra, till potatoes are totally tender.
Take away from oven. Switch to a serving platter together with any remaining liquid in pan and serve heat to very fortunate folks.